Thursday, March 1, 2018


At Sea – March 1, 2018

Thanks to those pesky potential pirates MY DECK IS CLOSED!  When did I find this out?  3 a.m. this morning.  I had been awakened about every 20-30 minutes by something banging on my side wall.  When it woke me at 3 I decided to go check it out.  I thought maybe the outside door was not latched but that was not the cause.  A sign had been roped across the opening saying, “No Admittance”.  It was loose and when the wind blew the right way, the sign banged against a red box that l think holds fire equipment.  I got back in bed and decided if it was still keeping me awake at 3:30 I would call the front office – even at the risk of becoming “that crazy woman in 6102 who only calls the office in the middle of the night”.  I did get back to sleep although I was awakened six or more times over the course of the night.  I ended up sleeping until 9:15 missing water aerobics.

I went by the front office to report the noise and the lady I spoke with came up with me to see the problem and take a picture.  Later in the day I had a message on my phone that she had reported it to the correct department and to call if I had any further problems.

Sit and stitch had nine present.  Judy Margaret (we have three Judys who we call Judy Margaret, Judy Bob, and Judy Lee) was nice enough to lend me her very special round needles for my next set of socks (I bought the wrong length in Fremantle).

Morning trivia gave us 11 points with the winners having 13. 
1)How many stars are on the Philippine flag?
2)What was the name of Harry Potter’s pet owl?
3)In which war was the Battle of Jutland fought?
4)Burkina Faso is a landlocked country on which continent?
5)What is the capital of the Yukon Territory?

Returned to my cabin after trivia to find my laundry was back so I put it away and then knitted until the captain’s update came on (it was a little early today – it is usually at 12:45).

Joined Cyndi and Ed for lunch in the Lido.  HAL had brought on coconuts and many people were drinking the coconut milk with their lunches.

Arts and Crafts was an Asian coin beaded necklace.

Some cruise critic friends had booked my cabin for a future cruise so I gave them a guided tour so they could decide if they could live with the space (or lack thereof).

After I had shown them around I went to the front office to change some money into Philippine pesos.  I am taking two private tours and needed money for lunch and admissions.  It’s good I didn’t wait any longer as they were running out. From the front office I heard the dance lessons in progress in the Queen’s Lounge so I stopped by to take a look.  My trivia teammates Rodney and Marilyn enjoy the dance lessons every day.

I then had my afternoon ice cream and started my next book before afternoon trivia.  We had 12 and one team won with a perfect 17.
1)Who was Abraham’s first son?
2)Where were mangoes first grown?
3)What spice comes from the herb cilantro or Chinese parsley?
4)Who composed the Brandenberg Concertos?
5)What phase must the moon be in for a solar eclipse?

After trivia I worked on my sock which I plan to have finished tomorrow.

Tonight was a gala night with an all-white theme.  Most people looked very nice in their white finery.  For dinner I had fruit, cream of celery soup, surf and turf, and apple cheesecake for dessert.

The Amsterdam singers and dancer presented “On Tour” as the show tonight.

One more sea day until the Philippines.
Coconuts everywhere!



dance lessons - today was the Cha-Cha

Adagio playing for formal night

Gala Night pillow gift - an RFID blocking case

the beaded Asian coin necklace


Morning trivia…
1)3
2)Hedwig
3)WWI
4)Africa
5)Whitehorse

Afternoon trivia…
1)Ishmael
2)India
3)coriander
4)J.S. Bach
5)new

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment