Wednesday, March 21, 2018


At Sea – March 21, 2018

I woke up too late to go to water aerobics so I spent the time before knitting getting my blog posted.  I was too tired last night to do so.

There were about 8 of us at Sit and Stitch but people were coming and going throughout.  There was a deck sale of HAL logo merchandise and some went to see what they had and then came back.

We only had 9 points in morning trivia while the winners had 11.
1)What is the national flower of Sri Lanka?
2)What is the largest underwater crab by size in the world?
3)What is a group of unicorns called?
4)Who is the longest reigning heavyweight boxing champion with 26 successful defenses?
5)Who was the lead guitarist of Queen?

After lunch I read and then knitted until about 2:15. Barbara, the EXC guide, was holding a sari tying demonstration at 2:30 when I normally go to arts and crafts.  I decided that I needed to make sure that I remembered how to do it (the lady who I bought the fabric from showed me yesterday).  The demo only lasted about 10 minutes so I went to arts and crafts a few minutes late.  When we are making jewelry you have to arrive early but for others crafts there is usually not a full house and that was true today.  The craft we made was a Sashiko embroidered pouch.  Since I came late I didn’t hear what “sashiko” is.

I read and knitted before heading to trivia.  For afternoon trivia we had 11 points and two teams tied with 14 (out of 17).
1)In which city was the third Disney theme park opened?
2)What was the price of tickets for the first Super Bowl?
3)What was the biggest Broadway musical during WWII?
4)What was Rembrandt’s last name?
5)What was the best selling car in the world during the 1950s and 60s?

Worked on my blog before attempting to put on my sari.  The piece that goes over the shoulder was not a great success.  Trying to do it myself was hard and I was never satisfied with it (it kept falling down my arm).  Note to self – if I ever wear it again baste the pleats together.

About 7:30 I went to the piano bar  to hear Jamm’s Andrew Lloyd Webber night. 

Dinner was Indian themed and there were lots of women and a few men in Indian clothing.  The crew in the dining room were all dressed for the evening as well.  I had fruit, Lamb Biryani, and a mango sundae for dessert.

The show was a violinist and I passed on it.
Barbara demonstrating sari wrapping



With Cyndi in our saris



the pouch from arts and crafts

Some of the new floral arrangements...






Morning trivia…
1)blue water lily
2)Japanese spider crab
3)blessing
4)Joe Louis
5)May (I believe the first name was Brian)

Afternoon trivia…
1)Tokyo
2)$17
3)Oklahoma!
4)van Rijn
5)VW Beetle

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment