Sunday, March 4, 2018


At Sea – March 4, 2018

Since there was no water aerobics this morning I slept in.  Arrived at Sit and Stitch at 10:00 and was there by myself for a while.  Judy (Lee) showed up for awhile and after she left Bonnie arrived.  Margaret came by for a minute but did not knit.  I finished the knitting for the cowl made from the alpaca I bought in Sydney.

Morning trivia gave us 12 while the winners got 13.  We are thinking of changing our name to “The Bridesmaids”.
1)In which county in the UK is Bamber Castle?
2)What is Batman’s butler’s first and last name?
3)Which animals are on the Philippines coat of arms?
4)What is the largest animal to inhabit the Earth?
5)Which is larger – a megabyte, a kilobyte, or a gigabyte?

My next project is a shawl made from the alpaca I bought in the terminal in Hobart.  It came in a hank and I haven’t rolled a ball of yarn in ages.  I started before lunch, worked on it some more before afternoon trivia, and finally finished it before dinner. UGH!

In arts and crafts we made lace earrings.

Read and worked on my sock before returning to ball winding.

Afternoon trivia was looking fairly dismal at the beginning but me managed to get 11.  The winners had 13 out of 17.
1)Into what sea does the Yukon River empty?
2)How long did the Hundred Years War last?
3)Hg is the atomic symbol for what element?
4)In Judo what color belt follows orange?
5)How many times did Henry VIII get married in 1540?

Rodney, Marilyn, and I went out on deck 3 to check out the pirate preparations after trivia.  A lady walked by and said we should go to the port side and see the beautiful sunset, so we did.  Got to talking with Jim and Jessica about trivia (they are on another team) as it got dark.

Back to the cabin to finish the ball winding (and I have two more to do but that can wait until I need them).

For dinner I had Cheddar and Beer Soup, Chateaubriand, and Crème Catalana for dessert.

Listening to the show (a musician) in my cabin.  I need to make it an early night because I have two full day tours in Manila.  Tomorrow’s is 11 hours long!!!  And I forgot to mention the high is predicted to be 95.  Tomorrow’s blog may be delayed.

We are scheduled to dock in Manila by 8:00 am.
the water cannon - I was expecting something much larger



three pictures of the beautiful sky at sunset

the lace earrings we made


Morning trivia…
1)North Sussex (none of us knew there even was a North Sussex)
2)Alfred Pennyworth
3)a lion and a bald eagle
4)blue whale
5)gigabyte

Afternoon trivia…
1)Bering Sea
2)116 years
3)mercury
4)green
5)2

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment