Wednesday, March 28, 2018


At Sea – March 28, 2018

There was no water aerobics today so I slept until 9:15.  Picked up my juice and went to Sit and Stitch.  Only about 8 of us present.  One of our stitchers, Mary Ann, who makes glass fusion jewelry gave us each a pendant that she had made.  They were all beautiful and I went through them three times before I decided on the one that I liked the best.  It, of course, includes some of my favorite blues.

We tied with four other teams for first place in trivia with 13 out of 15.
1)How long was Tony Blair Prime Minister of Great Britain?
2)How many days were in the ancient Egyptian calendar?
3)What was the administrative and political center of the Incas?
4)Which drink comes from the leaves of camellia sinensis?
5)In which decade did Nigeria gain its independence?

After trivia I normally go to my cabin and work on my knitting or something else until the captain makes his daily report.  Today I kept waiting and there never was an announcement.  Evidently there was some special event for some members of the Mariner’s Society (HAL’s loyalty program).

Dropped off my vaccination certificate showing I had the yellow fever immunization on my way to lunch. 

In crafts we made an amethyst stone necklace.  Tomorrow we will make either a bracelet or earrings to match.

I read and then worked on my second sock until time for afternoon trivia.  We came in second with 15 out of 17.  The winners had 16.
1)Which king allegedly wrote “Greensleeves”?
2)What decade saw the launch of Play Station?
3)What does a baby elver hope to grow up to be?
4)Which two late 19th century writers lived next door to each other in Hartford, Connecticut?
5)What do weather watchers use to measure relative humidity?

Listened to Jamm before dinner who was highlighting songs of the sea.

For dinner there were four entrees that sounded good (tomorrow probably I won’t like any of them).  One of the entrees was scallops and I ordered a few as an appetizer.  Something that hasn’t been on the menu before was a 24 ounce Porter House Steak.  Four of us at the table ordered it.  It was very tasty although the knives were not up to the task of cutting parts of it.

I was going to go to the Crow’s Nest after dinner but was too sleepy.

Another sea day tomorrow.


my steak

arts and crafts necklace

pendant Mary Ann gave me


Morning trivia…
1)10 years
2)365
3)Cusco
4)tea
5)1960s

Afternoon trivia…
1)Henry VIII
2)1990s
3)eel
4)Mark Twain and Harriett Beecher Stowe
5)hydrometer

Smooth sailing until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment