Sunday, March 25, 2018


At Sea – March 25, 2018

There was no water aerobics today so I was able to sleep until 9:30 (I didn’t go to bed until 1:30).  On the way to Sit and Stitch I checked out the deck sale (did not purchase anything) and picked up a glass of orange juice.

We had about 10 people stitching.  I usually leave at 11:30 to go to trivia but today trivia was in the Crow’s Nest because of the silent auction.

We had ten correct but the winning team had 14 (we did not live up to our name today).
1)In Greek mythology, how many Olympian Gods were there?
2)Which Saturday Night Live star was the voice of Shrek?
3)How many mother sauces are there in classical French cuising?
4)Broomball is played on what surface?
5)What is a group of monkeys called?

After trivia I checked out the silent auction.  The proceeds are going to Mondesa Youth Opportunities in Namibia.  This group provides afternoon enrichment programs for promising disadvantaged children. I bid on a few watercolors by fellow passengers and received a phone message this afternoon that I had won one of them.

We received a notice a few days ago that Mozambique has started charging $75 for a visa.  If you were not going ashore, you did not have to pay.  Over the last few days I have heard many people say that they were not that interested in Mozambique anyway so they were staying onboard.  The government may decide that charging cruise passengers that much is counter productive.

Ate lunch with Cyndi and Ed and then we made a beaded necklace.  For the last month or so Nancy has had some jewelry projects where you make one part on the first day and you bring it back and you automatically get to do the second day’s project.  The idea was to cut down on the number of people who come and sit in the Lido for an hour or two waiting to be sure they can do the day’s craft.  Evidently there has been some complaints about this and Nancy announced today that it is back to first-come, first-served.

Took two books (one I finished and one I did not care for) to the book exchange.  Unfortunately, I found two others that look interesting.  That was not part of my master plan to not bring home any books!

I spent most of my free time trying to get my pictures on the blog.  The wi-fi was not cooperating.  I would get on and then a minute later lose the signal.  I finally got all loaded at 6 pm.

We only had 12 out of 17 correct for afternoon trivia (the winners had 15).
1)The Bermuda Bowl is the World Championship of what?
2)What nation produces the most major league baseball players per capita?
3)What is Chubby Checkers real name?
4)From 1993-2001, what was the world’s most expensive city?
5)What two states have three consecutive vowels in their name? (We misunderstood and thought he asked for three and we went nuts trying to find the third.)
When I returned to my cabin I noticed the LRADs have been taken down and the bases covered.  We must be out of pirate territory.

After getting ready for dinner I went to SINGO with Jamm.  I have needed only one number on my card for the last three times I’ve played and it never comes up.

I did something at dinner tonight I never thought I would do - I bought a wine package.  I don’t care for most wines but the glass of muscato the other night was so good I decided to buy the package.  All of us were back together for dinner tonight.  I had fruit, black bean soup (which was not very good – give me Panera’s any day), barbecue pork ribs (which were great), and a mandarin sundae.

Skipped the show which was some kind of comedian who I have heard yelling for the last 30 minutes.

Another sea day tomorrow.
my necklace


Morning trivia…
1)12
2)Mike Myers
3)5
4)ice
5)troop

Afternoon trivia…
1)bridge
2)Dominican Republic
3)Ernest Evans
4)Tokyo
5)Hawaii and Louisiana

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment