Wednesday, February 28, 2018


At Sea – February 28, 2018

It was easy to tell that the pool temperature is warmer because we had 14 for water aerobics.  Amanda had to cut class a little short because the anti-piracy drill was set for 9:30. The “When & Where” said guests were “encouraged to participate” but it was not required.  When the captain announced it, he asked people who were on deck 3 to stay away from the railing.  However, later they moved people off the open decks including the Lido Pool area.  I returned to my cabin just a couple of minutes before it was over.

They were setting up for “Wines Around the World” so we had to move our Sit and Stitch to the port side.  Seven of us present.  Stayed until 11:30 when I went to the Ocean Bar for trivia.  We had 12 correct and the winning team had 14.
1)Which is the largest of the Balearic Islands?
2)Which artist started the Impressionist Movement?
3)Created in 2009, what was the first decentralized crypto-currency?
4)In what year was the blue M&M introduced?
5)What is the official language of the central government in India?

I had Chicken Korma for lunch which was very good.  There was a special tropical fruit buffet in the Lido during lunch.  Lots of strange fruits including the snake fruit.

In arts and crafts we made a birthday card.

Read and knit by the Lido pool until it started to rain and they closed the roof which made it stifling hot.

Afternoon trivia saw us come in second again with 15 out of 17.  Winners had 16.
1)What is a dromophobiac afraid of?
2)Which English writer died on the same day as Cervantes?
3)What is the lowest layer of the Earth’s atmosphere?
4)What 1993 movie was set on Nublar Island near Costa Rica?
5)What is the name of the island Christopher Columbus originally called Juana?

Finished reading my book before dinner.  I had fruit, lamb kebab, prime rib, and blackberry sundae for dessert.  I skipped the show although I am listening to it right now as I finish up the blog!

Another sea day tomorrow.
this was on my door to show it had been checked during the drill

My first try at adding a video - if you listen very carefully at the beginning you can hear the sound of the LRAD machine




four pictures above from the fruit buffet

the card we made


Morning trivia…
1)Majorca 
2)Monet
3)bitcoin
4)1995
5)Hindi

Afternoon trivia…
1)crossing the street
2)Shakespeare
3)troposphere
4)Jurassic Park
5)Cuba

Smooth sailing until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to take part in the tropical fruit buffet! One of the things I like most about travel is experiencing new foods.

    I continue to be amazed at the trivia questions...and even more by the fact that you (and your team) get so many correct! I would not be much help at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fruit buffet was very popular - there was a long line!

    ReplyDelete