Friday, March 16, 2018


At Sea – March 16, 2018

Unusual for me, I woke up at 7 am and could not get back to sleep.  I pulled up my curtains and noticed a new metal piece on the deck.  A few minutes later a number of people arrived and they put out the LRAD again.  We must be in pirate territory again.

I puttered around my cabin and was in the pool by 8:25. This is the first day I have been in the pool or at water aerobics in well over a week (maybe two?).

After picking up juice and a muffin, I headed back to get dressed for Sit and Stitch.  Doreen brought her ball winder and I wound off the three skeins I have brought in the last weeks.

Morning trivia had David join us who had just boarded yesterday.  Living up to our nickname we came in second with 12 (winners had 13).
1)Nintendo was founded in which country?
2)HTML and CSS are languages for making what?
3)In military terms what does HALO stand for?
4)What is the state sport in Alaska?
5)Roquefort (sp?) cheese is made from the milk of which animal?

Worked on the arrangements for the Cruise Critic cabin crawl before lunch.

In arts and crafts we made a St. Patrick’s Day stick pin.

Read and knitted afterwards and then had the copies made for the cabin crawl reminders.

Afternoon trivia found us again in second place with 13 points and the winning team had 14 (out of 17).
1)In which century did Rembrandt live?
2)Which tree is on the flag of Lebanon?
3)How many teams are in the World Cup finals?
4)How many bits in a byte?
5)What is the main export of the Canary Islands?

Dropped my things off in my cabin and then spent 30 minutes delivering the notices.  I got to see decks of the ship where I had never been.

Played Rat Pack “Name That Tune” and trivia with Helen.  We had 10 (out of 25) and two teams had 20.

For dinner I had fruit, dim sum, Singapore beef, and more fruit with passion fruit sorbet for dinner.

The show tonight was a group called the “Jukebox Rogues”.  I considered it to be one of the four best acts so far.

Phuket, Thailand tomorrow.

stick pin

LRAD being put back in place

The Jukebox Rogues



Morning trivia…
1)Japan
2)websites
3)high altitude low opening
4)dog sledding
5)sheep

Afternoon trivia…
1)17th
2)cedar
3)32
4)8
5)bananas

Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathi! Been reading your blog and so appreciative that you take the time to do it and post pictures! I also love that HAL does the arts and crafts and the items are so cute; is it free or is there a fee? Any word on the WC 2020? Will you be doing that as well? Barb

    ReplyDelete