Sunday, March 18, 2018


At Sea – March 18, 2018

Who says there is nothing to do on sea days?  I beg to disagree.  I was busy all day.

I started off with water aerobics and 50 minutes in the pool.  Hamish was having the Jukebox Rogues at Coffee Chat so after getting my juice and muffin I stopped by for the last few minutes.

After changing it was off to Sit and Stitch.  We had another new person who left the downstairs group to join us and we ended up with 13 present. 

David joined us again for trivia but we were only able to get 11 while two teams tied at 13.

1)Who was the original singer for the punk band “The Misfits”?

2)What is the women’s equivalent to the Davis Cup?

3)What is the birdlike image on the coat of arms of Thailand?

4)Who was the Queen of the Olympian Gods?

5)In photo editing, what does “RGB” stand for?



After trivia I did a little straightening in my cabin and worked on a mistake in my sock.  Then I was off to lunch and arts and crafts.  Today we made a “new jade” necklace.  New jade is green serpentine stone which is similar in physical properties to real jade.  Tomorrow we will make the matching earrings.

Next it was time for our Cruise Critic Cabin Crawl.  We had six people who volunteered their cabins for view – an interior, a fully obstructed ocean view, a regular ocean view, my front-facing ocean view, a Vista balcony, and a Neptune suite.  During the crawl another person volunteered her cabin which was an interior that had a different configuration than the first one we saw.  About 25 people participated.  I developed extreme closet envy with the number of closets those cabins had in comparison to my 3 tiny ones.  The crawl took about an hour.

Then it was time for afternoon trivia.  We had 11 again but the winners had 16 out of 17.

1)What is the most common English word beginning with the letter “m”?

2)The Dead Sea lies between which two countries?

3)Which African animal kills the most humans?

4)How many years does it take for Neptune to orbit the sun?

5)What opera was written to commemorate the opening of the Suez Canal?


I had time to talk with the team for a few minutes before I was off to the spa for a much-needed pedicure.  It was a really good one but almost three times more than what I pay at home.

My travel agency had a cocktail party at 7:00 but I did not attend.  I am not really a cocktail party person.  I went to the first two and decided that was enough.  After getting ready for dinner I went to Singo in the piano bar.

Dinner was good with a shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, Beef Wellington, and a kiwi pavlova with a scoop of raspberry sorbet for dessert.

Skipped the show which was a violinist.

We gain a half hour tonight.

Tomorrow will be a much quieter sea day.
The Jukebox Rogues

a new arrangement

today's necklace


Morning trivia…

1)Glenn Donzig (sp?)

2)Federation Cup

3)garuda

4)Hera

5)red, green, blue

Evening trivia…

1)me

2) Israel and Jordan

3)mosquito

4)165

5)Aida


Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment