Friday, March 9, 2018


Hong Kong - March 9, 2018

I spent a wonderful day doing basically nothing!  Even before the 12-hour excursion yesterday I had been considering staying on the ship today.  After walking through that horrible maze in the terminal, I decided it was a good idea.  There was nothing I really wanted to do so I decided a day with no timetable would be great.

I had been hoping to get a pedicure today but the lady had the day off.  The first date that my schedule meshed with theirs is March 18 so I took that.  I decided to go ahead and get my hair cut.  Pretty good but expensive cut and she didn’t even try to sell me anything.

Since I hadn’t done my blog for the 8th, I worked on it, had lunch, worked some more, read for awhile, then finally posted it.

There was trivia at 4 but none of my teammates were there so I played with Dorothy, Rosalie, and Helen.  We only had 6 (out of 15) while the winners had 10.
1)What do you call a baby codfish?
2)What was H.G. Wells first novel?
3)What name was given the January 5, 1905 Russian massacre?
4)In what century was the English Civil War?
5)What is the biggest Scandinavian country?

Returned to my cabin after trivia to be ready for the 4:45 muster drill.

Watched the sail-away from my deck.

Helen and I played “Name That Tune – Elvis trivia” and got 11 out of 20.  The winning team had 13. 

Dinner was interesting.  Two of the couples at Table 64 decided to change tables so we got 5 people that boarded today – John and Margaret from Sydney, Australia, Kay from Arizona, Katy from South Carolina, and Stephanie from California.  Everything seemed very congenial.

The show tonight was called Eterni Amici, an English duo who sang and played the piano and sax.  They were very good.

We gain an hour sleep tonight and are at sea tomorrow.

From my deck…

sunset over Hong Kong












LRAD all covered up again

the first maze just to get off the ship

!!!!


Trivia…
1)codling
2)The Time Machine
3)Bloody Sunday
4)17th
5)Sweden

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment