Monday, March 19, 2018


At Sea – March 19, 2018

I had a much more relaxing day today than yesterday.

We had 15 at water aerobics which pretty much fills up the pool for exercising. Grabbed a donut and juice and then changed for Sit and Stitch.  We had about 10 today. I worked for an hour and a half trying to figure out the problem with my sock.  I knitted, ripped it out, knitted, ripped it out until I was sick of it.  Judy worked on helping me and gave me some suggestions.

Morning trivia only gave us 10 points and the winning team had all 15 correct!
1)Who starred in the 1969 James Bond movie “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”?
2)Ceres is a dwarf planet between which two planets in our solar system?
3)In nautical terms, what does “full fart” mean?
4)Which national anthem includes the phrase “our home is girt by sea”?
5)What are the two small islands in the Bering Strait between the US and Russia?


After trivia I finally was able to correct the problem with my sock and was able to start on the ribbing.

Ate at the Dive-In for lunch and then joined Cyndi for arts and crafts.  We made earrings to match the necklace from yesterday.  The earrings however are from real jade from Myanmar.

Enjoyed the breeze by the Lido pool (reading, knitting, and talking with Ruth) until a rain shower started and they closed the roof making it hot and steamy.  I left and went to the Crow’s Nest to claim a seat for the evening trivia which was being held there instead of the Piano Bar.

We tied with two other teams for first place with 12 out of 17 points!
1)How many of the 10 tallest peaks in the US are in Alaska?
2)What South American country had major damage from the 1960 largest earthquake in history?
3)What British city is brimming with Brummies?
4)For what does the “B” in USB stand?
5)What mammal has the record for staying awake the longest?


Worked on my blog before getting ready for Gala Night.  I had fruit, land and sea and Key Lime Pie for dessert.  We were supposed to have a hosted table (an officer dines with us) but he or she never showed.  We did get the wine that the host provides, however.  Cyndi had a glass of sweet wine she didn’t want so I had that, also.  After dessert, Herb, a friend of Stephanie’s came over and sat with us.  Turns out he is from Midlothian, VA - about 25 minutes from home.

The show tonight was “At Midnight” featuring the Amsterdam singers and dancers.  It was good.

Columbo tomorrow and I have a tour that leaves at 8 am.
my two glasses of wine

Tonight's pillow gift - a charger

today's earrings with the necklace from yesterday


Morning trivia…
1)George Lazenby
2)Mars and Jupiter
3)full speed ahead
4)Australia (Advance Australia Fair)
5)Big Diomede and Little Diomede


Evening trivia…
1)all 10
2)Chile
3)Birmingham
4)bus
5)walrus (over 80 hours)



Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment