Friday, March 23, 2018


At Sea – March 23, 2018

Once again I started my morning with water aerobics.  Shane deserted us today to play ping pong with his grandfather so there were only 14.  I picked up juice and a very tasty pastry that had a filling and blueberries on top after checking out the deck sale (no purchases).

About 11 of us for Sit and Stitch.  My bind-off on my sock is not stretchy enough so I am going to try a different one.  I started on my second sock of the pair.

In morning trivia we only had 7 points (out of 15) but the two teams that tied for first only had 8!
1)In what country were playing cards invented?
2)How fast can a honeybee fly?
3)What “f” word describes 12 or more cows?
4)Alektorophobia is the fear of what?
5)What is the alternative name for all spice in the West Indies?

I had a craving for a toasted cheese sandwich so I had that with a salad and fruit for lunch.

Sat with Cyndi and Ed to make the earrings to match yesterday’s bracelet.

Had my afternoon ice cream while reading by the pool.  There were very few people in the area.  Then I knitted until time for trivia.

We did much better in evening trivia with 18 but came in second because the winning team had all 19 correct.
1)Which French sculptor created the Statue of Liberty?
2)How do you say “hello” in Mandarin Chinese?
3)Curiosity, launched by NASA in 2011, is designed to explore what planet?
4)What are the four countries that begin with the letter “D” (in English)?
5)In chess, besides the pawn, what piece can make the first move?

I decided to do something I have not done for the entire cruise and go to the movie in the Wajang Theater.  I almost never go to the movies at home and seldom even watch them on TV but “The Greatest Showman” (about P.T. Barnum) came out right before I left for the cruise.  I saw Hugh Jackman being interviewed on some of the late night talk shows and it sounded interesting.

Because of the movie, my evening schedule was changed.  I went to “Name That Tune” in the Piano Bar at 7 pm and played with Helen.  As usual, we did not do very well.   Then to dinner in the Lido before heading to the theater to get a seat.  I have heard that the seats fill up quickly.  The late show, however, does not seem to draw a crowd and there were plenty of vacant seats.  I enjoyed the movie.

The Seychelles tomorrow and I have a 7.5 hour tour.  We don’t dock until 10, however, so I don’t have to be up early.
Today's earrings with yesterday's bracelet


Morning trivia…
1)China
2)15 mph
3)flink
4)chickens
5)pimento

Evening trivia…
1)Barthodi (sp?)
2)Ni how 
3)Mars
4)Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, and Djoubuti (sp?)
5)knight

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment