Saturday, March 10, 2018


At Sea – March 10, 2018

Since our third Cruise Critic Meet and Greet was this morning, I skipped water aerobics to prepare.  Spent about 45 minutes at Sit and Stitch before the meeting. 

I was surprised to see about 60 people turn out for the Meet and Greet.  Lynn, one of the Future Cruise Consultants, came to the meeting and offered her interior cabin for our cabin crawl.  There is also another slot pull scheduled.

For me, the highlight was getting to meet Bev.  In 2014 when I took my first world cruise, I had no idea how long it took to upload pictures for my blog on the slow ship wi-fi.  After spending 10 minutes and still not getting even one picture uploaded, I was ready to give up.  I asked in my blog for any ideas.  Bev responded and suggested I get the app “iResize” for my iPad.  I did and have used it for all my previous blogs.  She got on the ship yesterday and I was able to thank her in person.

As we were leaving the M&G, we were discussing trivia.  We lost two teammates when Tom and Jeanette left us in Hong Kong.  I told her we needed another player.  In the “it’s a small world” category, it turned out she was put at the same dinner table with teammates Rodney and Marilyn.  They had invited her to join also!  So, Bev is now one of our teammates.

We did very well in morning trivia with 11 correct and we tied for first place!
1)In what year was Elvis’ first concert?
2)What are flora and fauna in the bottom sediments of a lake called?
3)What is the name of the river that forms the eastern section of the border between England and Scotland?
4)Who invented television?
5)What is the smallest type of tree?

Back to my cabin after trivia to put together my twisted cowl shawl.  I had finished the knitting a few days ago but hadn’t finished it (I really don’t like that part).

In arts and crafts we made a beaded bracelet and tomorrow we will make the matching earrings.

It is still cool and was quite comfortable sitting by the pool and reading and knitting on my next scarf.

We were not so lucky with evening trivia.  We only had 9 while the winners had 16 out of 17.
1)In what country is the world’s oldest brewery?
2)In what decade was Charles Dickens born?
3)What condiment were fifth century Japanese court officers given as part of their salary?
4)Of the 88 keys on a piano keyboard, how many are black?
5)What is the most common first name in the world?

We sat and talked until 6 pm after trivia. 

After getting ready for dinner I listened to Jamm.  Tonight was Disney night.

Another interesting dinner.  Kay and Katy who joined us yesterday, found friends from a previous cruise and changed to anytime dining so we are down to six.  About 9:30 the general alarm sounded.  I don’t remember that ever happening except for drills on any of my cruises.  A few minutes later the captain came on and said that excessive smoke had been detected by the incinerator but they were taking care of it.  By 9:50 the captain announced that all was well and he would not be interrupting our evening again.

I skipped the pianist tonight.

Another sea day tomorrow.
they have reupholstered some of the sofas in the Crow's Nest

my completed shawl

the bracelet we made


Morning trivia…
1)1954
2)benthos
3)Tweed
4)Baird
5)dwarf willow

Afternoon trivia…
1)Germany
2)19th
3)soy sauce
4)36
5)Mohammed

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment