Friday, March 2, 2018


At Sea – March 2, 2018

They fixed my banging noise and I got a good night’s sleep and was able to get up for water aerobics.  (I got a call just before lunch to make sure the problem had not returned).

We are now back into winter (technically) since we crossed the equator for the second time last night.

About ten (people come and go) at Sit and Stitch and Judy Lee taught me how to do the cast on for a pair of socks knit from the toe up.  My cuff down socks are finished.

At 10:15 I went to have my temperature taken for entrance into the Philippines.  Very high-tech.  You walked past a camera.  If the image changed colors you had a fever.

For morning trivia we had 13 correct and two teams tied with 14.
1)What is the major ingredient in Thousand Island Dressing?
2)How many brains does an octopus have?
3)Bronze is an alloy of which two elements?
4)What does A.M. and P.M. stand for?
5)In Romeo and Juliet, what was Romeo’s last name?

We made a stone pendant in arts and crafts.

I read a little and then finished the toe of my new pair of socks before afternoon trivia.  We had 12 correct and the winning team had 14 (out of 17).
1)What is Scotland’s second largest city?
2) What country did the Romans call Hibernia?
3)What is the official language of Egypt?
4)What kind of Indian food is “kulfi”?
5)How many stars are on Alaska’s flag?

After talking with the trivia team until after 6 pm, I got ready for “Name That Tune” with Jamm.  I only had 14 out of 30 (I played by myself).

For dinner I had fried English Cheddar Cheese, egg drop soup, Chicken Makhani, and a blueberry sundae for dessert.  I skipped the show since I have to get up early for my excursion tomorrow.

Puerto Princessa tomorrow.

the camera that took your temperature

the library was very popular today

the stone pendant necklace from arts and crafts

my first pair of socks made with New Zealand wool.



Morning trivia…
1)mayonnaise
2)9
3)copper and tin
4)anti-meridian and post-meridian
5)Montague


Afternoon trivia…
1)Edinburgh
2)Ireland
3)Arabic
4)ice cream
5)8

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment