Sunday, April 8, 2018


At Sea – April 8, 2018

Slept late because it was too cool to swim. Picked up my juice and roll and headed to Sit and Stitch.  I had to give Judy back her wonderful knitting needles she let me use to make my second pair of socks.  She took a picture of my sad face.

We only had 10 correct in morning trivia and the winning team had 14.
1)South Africa completely surrounds what other country?
2)If you suffer from cynanthropy, what do you think you are?
3)What is the national bird of South Africa?
4)What is the “b” word for a group of oysters?
5)What does the “c” stand for in E=mc squared?

The day was overcast and cool (around 70F) and the captain mentioned that tomorrow would be about the same tomorrow.

Worked on my knitting while waiting for Arts and Crafts.  Some people spotted whales off the port side but I did not see them.  We made a polka dot beaded necklace and earrings.

Read and knitted until time for afternoon trivia.  We had 14 out of 17 but two teams tied with a perfect 17.
1)What was the first fraternity in the US started in 1776?
2)What country has the highest number of Catholics?
3)What flower blooms the longest?
4)What Frenchman designed the national flag of Italy?
5)In which country were croissants invented?

Sat and talked with Bev, Marilyn, and Rodney after trivia.

For dinner I had fruit, a pork medallion with sauce created by the guest chef, beef curry and ice cream for dessert.

Tonight’s show was a singer but I did not go.

We gain an hour tonight and tomorrow is another sea day.
the polka dot necklace and earrings

my asymmetrical wrap I finished yesterday (it is difficult to try to photograph)

what the yarn actually looks like


Morning trivia…
1)Lesotho (sp?)
2)a dog
3)blue crane
4)bed
5)speed of light

Afternoon trivia…
1)Phi Beta Kappa
2)Brazil
3)orchid
4)Napoleon
5)Austria

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment