Saturday, April 21, 2018


At Sea – April 21, 2018

I woke up about 8 am and since it was not so rocky today, decided to go to water aerobics.  The water was ice cold (I think I mentioned a while back that the heaters in the pool are not working).  Picked up my juice and roll before heading back to change for Sit and Stitch.  About 10 present.

Today was definitely not our day for trivia.  We had nine correct and four teams tied with 12.
1)Who was the first non-human to get an academy award?
2)What fictional type of dinosaur was Dino in The Flintstones?
3)What country was formerly known as East Pakistan?
4)Nike is the goddess of ___.
5)Who was the Greek god of the sun?

Filled in my debarkation form and took it to the office before going to lunch.

In arts and crafts we made a pair of earrings.  Nancy suggested we put sparkly clear nail polish on them but Cyndi and I liked ours the way they came.

Had my afternoon ice cream and went to the Queen’s Lounge for the Passenger Talent Show.  Unfortunately, I waited too late and it was standing room only.  I watched the first act which was a group from the dance classes (including our trivia mates Marilyn and Diana) performing the meringue and then I left.

It was a clear, breezy day with temperatures around 70 so I sat in the sun by the Sea View Pool for an hour and a half.  It was lovely.

Afternoon trivia saw us only make 8 points and the winning team had 14 out of 17.
1)Who sang in Phantom of the Opera and was the second wife of Andrew Lloyd Webber?
2)For what does the T.S. in T.S. Elliott stand?
3)What is the largest island in the Mediterranean?
4)Who was on the cover of Time the most – Churchill, Stalin, or FDR?
5)Solve this equation in Roman Numerals.  C – LXXIX=?

Not a trivia question but what is the worst part of a world voyage?  Packing to go home!  I said I was going to start yesterday but I procrastinated and did not.  After trivia I pulled out the first suitcase.  When it comes to packing I have a very short attention span.  I put a few things in and then quit.

Only six of us for dinner.  I had fruit, a Cesar salad, fried chicken and a blueberry sundae for dessert.

I went up to the Crow’s Nest to check out “The Magic of Motown” with The Station Band.  They were on break and not much was going on so I took a picture and left.

We gain another hour tonight.

Another sea day tomorrow.
Yesterday's fairy zipper pull (it refused to post yesterday)

Diana and Marilyn on the far right

can't get much better than this on a sea day

today's earrings

Crow's Nest decorated for Motown 


Morning trivia…
1)Mickey Mouse
2)snorkasaurus
3)Bangladesh
4)victory
5)Helios

Afternoon trivia…
1)Sarah Brightman
2)Thomas Stern
3)Sicily
4)Stalin
5)XXI

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment