Saturday, April 14, 2018


At Sea – April 14, 2018

Up at 8 to get ready for water aerobics.  After grabbing my juice and roll, I changed for Sit and Stitch.

We were the bridesmaids again at morning trivia with 10 points and the winners had 11.
1)Which churchman was the first to call South Africa “the rainbow nation”?
2)What is Cuba’s national animal?
3)Which Asian city has an egg-shaped space museum?
4)Which of the Canary Islands has the same flag as Scotland?
5)Which breed of dog is known as the “Apollo of Dogs”?

As I was going to have lunch I noticed that all the balcony cabins (I think the three ocean view cabins were discriminated against 😊) had a notice sitting up on their mail slot.  I thought it was curious that they had one and we didn’t, so I stopped to read it.   Since I never received one I can’t quote it exactly but the general message was that they had found a way to make the antenna work again and we had internet  – at least for the time being.  I went back to my cabin and picked up my laptop.

After I finished lunch and was waiting for Arts and Crafts I was able to get my three missing days up on Cruise Critic and on my blog.

In Arts and Crafts we made an African bead bracelet.

Instead of sitting by the pool I stayed in the Lido and was able to get up my pictures for the missing days.

The winning team (same one that won this morning) had 14 and we only had 11 at afternoon trivia.
1)What is Paul McCartney’s first name?
2)In what year did Buda and Pest merge?
3)What month is named for the Roman god of gateways and doors?
4)What father and son were in the movie Wall Street?
5)What are the two countries share the highest mountain in the Western Hemisphere?

When I returned to my cabin I had two papers in my box.  The first was from my travel agency saying that my tour for Monday was rescheduled from 8:15 to 12:45.  We will be the only ones touring at that time so we should not have so many others to contend with and we will have three buses.  The other paper was the offer of two tours/airport transfers for the 28th.  I think I will take one of them because even though I love airports, I don’t fancy sitting around for six hours waiting for my flight.

Tonight was our penultimate Gala Night.  The theme was “Fabulous Las Vegas – What happens on Amsterdam stays on Amsterdam”.  Before dinner I listened to Jamm in the Piano Bar.  Cass joined us for dinner again and told us that the two IT guys and an electrician spent all of yesterday inside the antenna dome making a work-around of the bad area.  She also said that at about 1:30 the system was as loaded as it would take and she feared it would crash.  Luckily, it did not.  I had a seafood appetizer, the best filet mignon I have had on the ship, and an apple cheesecake for dessert.

The show tonight was the Amsterdam singers and dancers in a production called “Astoria”.  The singing and dancing was fine but if you hadn’t read the blurb about it, the storyline was confusing.  All in all, not my favorite one of their performances.

Tomorrow is our last sea day before two port days in a row.
Table 64 decorated for Gala Night

the Yum-Yum Man in his Vegas vest

Mark, the Event Manager was back in his lemur suit to introduce the show

pillow gifts - luggage tags and lockable luggage straps

the beaded bracelet we made


Morning trivia…
1)Desmond Tutu
2)trogon (none of us had ever heard of it)
3)Hong Kong
4)Tenerife
5)Great Dane

Afternoon trivia…
1)James
2)1872
3)January
4)Martin and Charlie Sheen
5)Chile and Argentina

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment