Wednesday, April 18, 2018


At Sea – April 18, 2018

I slept until 8:54 so no water aerobics (I later found out Amanda is sick so I am not sure if they even had it).  Got my roll and juice and went to Sit and Stitch.  I have started a shawl with some of my Australian alpaca.

Only four of us for morning trivia (Rodney and Marilyn had gone to lunch) and we had a score of 11.  The winning team had 14 out of 15.
1)What must be held to speak in Lord of the Flies?
2)What is the only creature that can turn its stomach inside out?
3)What flying invention did Fred Morrison originally invent?
4)Which day is the end of Rio’s Carnivale?
5)How many times is the word “duke” repeated in the song The Duke of Earl?

In Arts and Crafts we made a volcanic stone bead bracelet. 

Sat by the pool and started a new book and then knitted for awhile

We did dreadfully in afternoon trivia with only 7 points.  The winners had 13 out of 17.  Here are five of the ones we missed.
1)What was 17th century astronomer, Keppler, accused of never doing?
2)Who wrote, “A thing of beauty is a joy forever”?
3)In what year did Panama declare its independence from Colombia?
4)What year was Muhammed Ali’s last as a heavyweight champion?
5)What was the most popular name for boys in the US in 1960, 1970, and 1990?

My travel agency had its last cocktail party and I decided to try one more time.  I went, got a drink and was getting ready to leave when Tom came over and talked to me for awhile.

At dinner I had fruit (watermelon is back!), a salad, beef brisket and an apple tart for desert.  Today was the start of the 145th anniversary of the founding of what is today Holland America.  They kicked off the festivities with a “Chocolate Surprise”.  Starting at 9:00 they brought around various treats throughout deck 5 and the Crow’s Nest.  We got some in the dining room.

I met Rodney and Marilyn while walking through the library and we went to the show together.  The group was called Savannah Jack and they were terrific.  At the 8:00 show they started singing songs from the 1950s to 1970s.  Many people who had been to that show returned for the 10:00 show where the songs ranged from the 70s to mid 80s.  They will return for another show and dance party.
Praia tomorrow.  I have an 8-hour tour.

Our afternoon team - Marilyn, Bonnie, Rodney, me, Diana, and Bev

Savannah Jack



Morning trivia…
1)conch shell
2)starfish
3)frisbee
4)Shrove Tuesday
5)125

Afternoon trivia…
1)bathing
2)Keats
3)1903
4)1979
5)Michael

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment