Thursday, April 26, 2018


At Sea – April 26, 2018

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night (first time that I can remember this trip).  I think it was because I was supposed to elevate my legs and that threw off my normal sleeping position.  Finally got to sleep about 2:30.

I got up around 9:00 and a few minutes later I received a phone call from the doctor to see how I was doing (which was “fine”).  Juice and roll and then Sit and Stitch.

Morning trivia was our best yet – we had all 15 correct although we did tie with another team.

1)How many minutes in a week?

2)What is the shape of a piston in a wankle engine?

3)What is the largest rodent in the world?

4)What does a heliologist study?

5)What product was introduced in 1906 as “blibber blubber”?

When I returned to my cabin I found my debarkation packet.  I am scheduled for 8:00.  I also had my bill from the medical center which was $233 (which was better than what I was expecting).

I forgot to mention yesterday that I received a call from the office and that I was going to get a 30% refund on the Cape Verde tour.

I finished my blue brushed alpaca stole while waiting for arts and crafts.  We made earrings to match the necklace from the day before yesterday. (I packed them before I took a picture.)

At 3:00 it was the Filipino Crew Show.  Just as with the Indonesian, it was very enjoyable and there was a packed house.  I arrived at 2:15 and could only get a folding chair.

Afternoon ice cream while I read before afternoon trivia.  We had 13 out of 17 while the winning team had 15.

1)Which country was the first to have Albert Einstein on a bank note?

2)Which cartoon character rode a horse named “Horse”?

3)Who was the first democratically elected president of Russia?

4)What is the largest lake in Britain?

5)Which British royal was dubbed “Fishface” by his wife?

More packing before dinner.  Everything seems to multiply when I am not looking.  Ugh!

Tonight was Chef Petr’s Farewell Dinner.  I tried the lobster Calypso dip (which was good), watermelon gazpacho, Beef Wellington, and Crème Brulee for dessert.

Savannah Jack started playing at 9:30 and continued until 11:30.  People were up and dancing and having a good time.  I said good-bye to my favorite bar server, Christine, before returning to my cabin.
Filipino Crew Show...








Christine performed in the show




Savannah Jack...





Morning trivia…
1)10080
2)triangular
3)capibera
4)the sun
5)bubble gum

Afternoon trivia…
1)Israel
2)Dudley Do-Right
3)Boris Yeltsin
4)Windermere
5)Prince Charles

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment