Monday, April 16, 2018


At Sea – April 15, 2018

There was no water aerobics this morning so I slept late.  Roll and juice and then Sit and Stitch.

In morning trivia we had 12 but the winning team had 15.

1)For which two films did Tom Hanks win back to back Best Actor Oscars?

2)What is a dactylogram?

3)What sport used the term “home run” long before baseball?

4)What war movie did Frank Sinatra direct?

5)What country lost wars to India in 1947, 1965, and 1971?

In Arts and Crafts we made a beaded scissor fob.  It was one of my favorite crafts we’ve done and I immediately put it on my stork scissors.

There was a nice cool breeze blowing by the Lido Pool so I sat there and finished my woolen scarf for Antarctica next year.

We were again the Bridesmaids coming in second with 15 (out of 17) in afternoon trivia.  The winning team had 16.  The theme was Nursery Rhymes.  Amanda started working for HAL in the Club HAL program (for kids onboard).  When she applied for the job of assistant cruise director she had to compile a trivia game.  Today we had her questions.  We also learned that the US and British Commonwealth countries have many different words in their nursery rhymes.

1)Where did the second little piggy stay?

2)What did Yankee Doodle call his feather?

3)What is the last word in “Little Jack Horner”?

4)Where did Little Miss Muffet get frightened to?

5)Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling ____.

Went to SINGO with Jamm before dinner.  I had fruit, navy bean soup, prime rib, and a mandarin sundae for dessert.

Skipped the show.

Banjul, The Gambia tomorrow.
scissors fob we made today with my stork scissors

scarf made from the wool I purchased in Freemantle - needs blocking when I get home


Morning trivia…

1)Philadelphia and Forrest Gump

2)fingerprint

3)cricket

4)None But the Brave

5)Pakistan

Afternoon trivia…

1)home

2)macaroni

3)I

4)away

5)after

Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Like others have said...great idea with the scissors fob! I love the colors of your scarf too! I wish I knew how to knit! What is blocking? Loving your blog Kathi! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete