Saturday, April 14, 2018


At Sea – April 11, 2018

Another restful day at sea.

Since I did not go to bed until 1:30, I slept until 9:15 and missed water aerobics.  Picked up my juice and roll and headed to Sit and Stitch.  Doreen brought her swift and ball winder and a number of us had our skeins wound.  One of mine was all twisted and it wouldn’t work so Bea’s (one of our knitters) husband, Charles, wound it by hand.  He has wound many, many balls of yarn for the Project Linus blanket program.

We only had 8 correct in morning trivia and two teams tied with 12.

1)What Benjamin Holt invention was good news for farmers in 1900?

2)Who is a “Prince” of the Roman Catholic Church?

3)Sugar cane is considered to be what kind of plant?

4)What is the name for a group of hawks?

5)What is chaetophobia a fear of?

I didn’t have as much fruit as I usually do at lunch because we are running out of a number of things.  We have not had any watermelon in ages.  Today we received a notice from Henk (Hotel Manager) regarding “melancholy” defined as “a feeling of pensive sadness for the shortage of melons”.  He explained the shipments of melons and pineapples we planned to take on board in Cape Town did not arrive and we will not take on any more until Dakar.  What we have will be rationed out so an equal amount will be available each day (instead of totally running out).

In Arts and Crafts we made a shoe bag.  Afterwards I finished my book and worked on my knitting by the pool.  It was mostly overcast so it was not too hot even though we are close to the equator.

Afternoon trivia was better with 14 but the winners had 16.  Mario, one of the assistant Cruise Directors  became sick this afternoon so Amanda gave us questions from previous trivias.

1)What school did Doogie Howser graduate from at the age of 10?

2)Gro Harlem Brudtand was the first female prime minister of which Scandinavian country?

3)What hip brand used the slogan, “The family that ticks together sticks together”?

4)What decade saw Nigeria get its independence?

5)What country would you go to to find Mount Kilimanjaro?

I worked on my knitting before dinner.  I had spinach and artichoke dip for an appetizer which was a strange choice since I don’t like spinach or artichokes.  It was actually good because the dip part tasted like boursin cheese.  I had a main course and a half.  My main course was Mac and Cheese.  Another main course was a tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad and I ordered a half portion.  Blackberry sorbet was dessert.

The show tonight was four singers (two from Spain, one from Italy, and one from Uruguay) called 4Ever.  They were excellent.

After the show I went out on my deck and did some stargazing. 

Another day at sea tomorrow.
4Ever

shoe bag




Morning trivia…

1)tractor

2)cardinal

3)grass

4)cast

5)hair

Afternoon trivia…

1)Princeton

2)Norway

3)Swatch

4)1960s

5)Tanzania

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment