Friday, April 6, 2018


At Sea – April 6, 2018

After three days in port it was nice to get back to the sea day schedule.  I slept through water aerobics and went to pick up my juice around 9:45.  In Sit and Stitch there were only a handful present before I had to leave for our fourth and final Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. We had about twenty-five members attending.  Jerry has arranged for another slot pull before we arrive in Fort Lauderdale.

We had a dismal 9 for morning trivia (winning team had 11).
1)What is the national flower of South Africa?
2)How many gallons of beer in a firkin?
3)What article of clothing is named for its Scottish inventor?
4)What is the atomic number for potassium?
5)What is the national animal of Canada?

Spent most of my free time finishing up yesterday’s post.

In arts and crafts we made an African print necklace (not my favorite item we’ve made).

After crafts I finished and posted yesterday’s blog and had some time to knit in the sun.  Today was breezy and cool and sitting in the sun felt good.

Afternoon trivia was African themed.  We only had 10 while two teams tied at 13.
1)What is the largest lake in Africa?
2)Who was the leading lady in the movie “Out of Africa”?
3)What does the word “apartheid” mean?
4)What are the African “Big Five”?
5)What is a ceratotherium simum”

Helen, with whom I played “Name That Tune” went home from Cape Town so Bev joined me tonight.  We did not do very well.

For dinner I had French onion soup, short ribs, and a strawberry sundae.

I am listening to the show (through the floor) as I write this.

Namibia tomorrow.
today's necklace


Morning trivia…
1)protea
2)9
3)Macintosh
4)19
5)beaver

Afternoon trivia…
1)Lake Victoria
2)Meryl Streep
3)separateness
4)lion, leopard, rhino, elephant, and water buffalo
5)rhino

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment