Wednesday, February 21, 2018


Fremantle, Australia – February 21, 2018

I hadn’t planned on going to water aerobics but when I woke at 8:30 and it was a beautiful sunny day with a bright blue sky, I changed my mind.  Unfortunately, the sun had not warmed up the pool and I felt like one of those people who do the “Polar Bear Plunge”.

Picked up a blueberry muffin (good but nothing like Ukrop’s muffins) and orange juice before heading to Sit and Stitch.  7 of us present.

Morning trivia found us with 12 correct which tied five other teams for first place (no tie-breakers since there are no prizes but we did get vouchers since we don’t dock until 4 pm).
1)What is the northernmost landlocked country in Europe?
2)Name the three countries that border Chile.
3)How many letters in the Hebrew alphabet?
4)How many tusks does a warthog have?
5)Who created the Garfield comic strip?

Had pasta for lunch before making cloisonne earrings in arts and crafts.

Afternoon trivia was at 3 pm because of docking at 4.  We got 12 out of 19 and two teams had 18.
1)What drink is made with ginger ale, grenadine, and a cherry?
2)What is the dent in the bottom of a wine bottle called?
3)In which Bond film did Pierce Brosnan make his debut?
4)How many vertebrae in the human spinal column?
5)What does “pixel” stand for?

Watched the last of our docking from my deck and watched the people streaming off the ship.  About 5 I got off to pick up information about Fremantle and use the free wi-fi which was very slow.  It’s nice the port offers it but the wi-fi on the ship is faster.  I did manage to delete junk e-mail and check a couple of things on Cruise Critic.

The terminal building has numerous photos of the port dating back to the Boer War.  I even found three pictures of the ship that took me to Europe for the first time in 1962 – the Johan van Oldenbarnevelt.

Worked on the blog before dinner because I have an early tour tomorrow.

Cyndi and Ed went to an Aboriginal show so there were only 6 of us for dinner.  I had French onion soup, steak, and pavlova for dessert.

No show tonight since we are in port.  There is a movie (Surburbicon) that I have no desire to see so I will make it an early night.

Aussie night in the Lido…







From my deck…

a livestock carrier

Maritime Museum


lots of imported cars provided you want red, white, blue, silver, or black

railroad station


new cover

another layer of primer?


Morning trivia…
1)Belarus
2)Argentina, Peru, and Bolivia
3)22
4)4
5)Jim Davis

Afternoon trivia…
1)Shirley Temple
2)punt
3)Goldeneye
4)24
5)picture element

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment