Sunday, February 25, 2018


At Sea – February 25, 2018

My morning started with Hamish’s Coffee Chat with the guests Matilda and Patrick at 9:30.  I arrived 15 minutes early and got one of the last seats.  Usually Coffee Chat lasts about 20 minutes but it ran over (until after 10).  Matilda is very popular and Patrick has been doing his act on ships for over 30 years.

Picked up a donut and pineapple juice (orange was out) and headed to Sit and Stitch. Six of us present.

Our morning trivia score was only 8 while the winners had 13 (out of 15).
1)What is a baby rabbit called?
2)What was the first planet discovered by telescope in 1781?
3)What was B.B. King’s real first name?
4)How many paintings did Vincent Van Gogh sell in his lifetime?
5)What is Indonesia’s national dish?
Returned to my cabin after trivia but my steward was still in my cabin so I spent some time out on my deck.  I was surprised the LRAD machine (Long Range Acoustic Device) was uncovered.  Found out later that there are pirates in the are we are headed for and these machines will help protect us even though the chances of an attack on a ship this size are slim.

I discovered yesterday that the sandwich station makes wraps so I had a BLT wrap for lunch.  In crafts we made a bone bracelet.

Since I had skipped water aerobics for the Coffee Chat I swam after crafts until time for afternoon trivia.

We did much better in afternoon trivia with 14 correct.  The winning team had a perfect 17.
1)What is the most widely eaten cheese in the US?
2)Which city has the largest number of skyscrapers?
3)The three organs that produce the most heat are the heart, liver and ___.
4)What is the English anagram of “relatives”?
5)Who said his face was the third most famous after Jesus Christ and Mickey Mouse?

I was invited to a dinner at Canaletto (the Italian Restaurant) by my travel agency.  I sat with Kathy and Mike (from the dinner table) and Steve, one of the hosts provided by the agency.  We had a set menu rather than the usual one but red or white wine (as much as you could drink) was included.  We had a great time and was the last table to leave.

Skipped the show because I have an early excursion tomorrow and it is 9 hours long and the temperature is supposed to be in the low 80s with 100% humidity (what was I thinking?).
Matilda and Patrick

painting along the front

LRAD ready just in case

dinner menu (I had the Potato Gnocchi and the Cannoli


Morning trivia…
1)kit or kitten
2)Uranus
3)Riley
4)1
5)Nasi Goreng (sp?)

Afternoon trivia…
1)Mozzarella
2)Hong Kong
3)brain
4)versatile
5)Muhammed Ali

Smooth sailing until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment