Tuesday, February 27, 2018


Benoa, Bali, Indonesia – February 27, 2018

After the long, strenuous excursion yesterday, I was glad to have no plans for today.  I slept until 9:15 and leisurely got dressed and ready to check out the stalls outside the ship.  Bought a number of things before I headed back to the terminal to try the free wi-fi.  There were not very many people trying to use it but it was still very, very slow.  The only thing I could do was delete junk e-mails.  I couldn’t get facebook to even load.

The cabin stewards are from Indonesia and many of them had friends and family visiting.  We were given a card to put in our mail slots with a message if you were willing to go without cabin service for the two days. Virtually everybody filled them out and posted them.  When I returned to my cabin my steward knocked on my door to ask if I needed something.  I told him I did not and to go enjoy his visitors.

Changed into my bathing suit and headed to the Lido for lunch.  By 1 pm I was in the very warm pool.  Hard to believe it was only a few days ago that the water was freezing cold!  I swam and sat in the (very hot) sun for almost two hours before coming back to change for trivia.

There were only 12 for trivia (none from my team) so we divided into two groups.  The team I was on came in second. (The first two are the ones we missed.)
1)What is the real first name of rock star Prince?
2)What decade was the first Indy 500?
3)What did you require to get legal alcohol during Prohibition?
4)Where was RMS Titanic built?
5)What war was in Lord of the Flies?

Had my afternoon ice cream and read until time for 5:00 trivia.  Rodney and Marilyn were not there but the rest of the team was.  We had 13 while the winners had 16 (out of 17).
1)What holds a bit in a drill?
2)How many major Hawaiian Islands are there?
3)What smelly garden flower’s name means “nose twister”?
4)What is the birthplace of George Bernard Shaw?
5)In which country was the Battle of the Bulge fought?

Knitted some before dinner and put away my purchases.  We had a very interesting menu tonight and for the main course I had sweet and sour crocodile.  I also took my mystery fruit to dinner.  Nobody at my table had ever seen one before.  It is called a snake fruit which made sense because of the skin.  I cut it open and we all tried it.  It tasted like a very dry pear to me.

The show tonight was an illusionist and I skipped it.

Three days at sea as we head to the Philippines.
By the dock...

stalls

inside the terminal


Pictures from my deck as well as from the Sea View Pool deck…





this truck drove up onto the pier just before 6 pm - looked like fabric scraps ???





this looked like a wreck in the water in front of the ship


Dinner…
Sweet and Sour Crocodile - delicious

the snake fruit peeled and the pit


3:30 trivia…
1)Prince
2)1910s
3)prescription
4)Belfast
5)WWII   

5:00 trivia…
1)chuck
2)8
3)nasturtium
4)Dublin
5)Belgium

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment