Friday, February 9, 2018


At Sea – February 9, 2018

Woke up at 8:28 (overslept a little) but was in the pool by 8:40. Once again the water was very chilly.  There were two ladies already in the pool when I got in.  One said they were telling themselves it was at least one degree warmer than yesterday.  That was still very cool.

To Sit and Stitch at 10.  There were only a handful present.  I started on my socks from the yarn purchased in Auckland.  Judy and I tried a new cast-on that we were not able to master.  Instead she taught me the crochet cast-on.

Morning trivia only gave us 9 points while the winners had 13.
1)What two animals are on the Australian coat of arms?
2)Who is the patron saint of painters?
3)What is the only Central American country without a coast on the Caribbean?
4)What was the name of the Skipper on Gilligan’s Island?
5)What is the only rock that will float on water?

Worked some more on my sock before going to lunch at 1:15.  Sat with Cyndi while I ate.

Today in arts and crafts we did zentangle.  If you have never heard of it, you are not alone – very few in the group had.  Basically, it is taking drawings and putting them into artistic designs.  We were given the outline of a butterfly or sun and then filled it in with designs based on aboriginal designs.  It is supposed to reduce stress and improve focus but it was not my favorite craft so far – maybe because I have no drawing talents.

Spent about an hour and a half before afternoon trivia alternating between reading my book and working on my sock.

Afternoon trivia was not great either.  We had 14 and the winners (two teams tied) had 17 out of 20.
1)What was the top grossing movie of the 1950s?
2)What do players get to do when they roll doubles three times in a roll in Monopoly?
3)What is the modern name for Asia Minor?
4)How many schools are in the Ivy League?
5)Name the original members of The Jackson 5.

Went to Name That Tune at 7.  I only got 6 correct.

Kathy and Mike ate in the Pinnacle so only 6 for dinner.  I had tomato and feta cheese tart, Caesar salad, beef short ribs, and a butterscotch sundae for dessert.

I have to get up early (6 am!!!) for the sail-in to Sydney.  Sydney is one of the cities where it is worth a sleep sacrifice to watch the sail-in.  Because of the early start I skipped the show.
My zentangle




Morning trivia…
1)kangaroo and emu
2)St. Luke
3)El Salvador
4)Jonas Gumby
5)pumice

Afternoon trivia…
1)The Ten Commandments
2)go to jail
3)Turkey
4)8
5)Germaine, Tito, Jackie, Michael, and Marlon

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment