Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Departure Day

After a little less than 5 hours sleep, I awoke at 5:18 and was unable to get back to sleep.  After getting ready I lugged the suitcases to the car and then made a final walk-through and found two things I forgot to pack.

Left home at 6:30 and it was 8F.  Drove to my friend Carolyn's house and she drove me to the airport.  I was checked in quickly and with my new Global Entry (which includes TSA pre-check) I was through security in no time (although I have never seen much of a back-up at the Richmond airport).

We loaded right on time and left on time (which was a nice change after a few of my previous flights).  It was a very smooth 2-hour flight.  Luggage all arrived promptly and then I had to find the HAL rep.  He was actually the Princess rep because the HAL one was out in the vehicle area.  After waiting for about a half hour we were taken to a large bus.  There were seven of us on a 50 seat bus.

It didn't take long to check into the hotel.  A nice surprise was that my travel agency gave us complimentary Wi-Fi which normally costs about $15/day.

I had at least three people apologize for the weather.  Considering it was about 65F I could deal with the rain.  My plan for the afternoon had originally been to spend a couple of hours at the pool and then walk to the strip mall a couple of blocks away to eat dinner.  The non-stop rain wiped out both of those things.  I considered walking but decided with the rain I would rather have a nap.

Woke up from my nap really hungry.  My one option for dinner (without getting a taxi) was to eat in the hotel.  I wasn't real excited about it but it turned out to be really tasty.

After dinner I pulled out my clothes for the next two days and am now watching a little TV.  Planning on making it an early night.

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment