Friday, January 19, 2018


At Sea – January 18, 2018

Had my alarm set for 8:15 because I was planning on attending water aerobics again.  I woke up at 7:54 (!) and decided that it was not worth going back to sleep so I was in the pool by 8:30. Water aerobics lasted from 9-9:30.  The instructor is Amanda one of the assistant cruise directors.

Arrived at Sit and Stitch at 10.  About 6 present.

Unfortunately, we have another sick trivia teammate.  Marilyn is feeling under the weather so is staying in her cabin until she feels better.  We had a sub join our team and we ended up with 12 with the winning team having a perfect score of 15.
1)What is the only bird that can fly backwards?
2)What is the smallest member of the flute family?
3)How many animals are in the Chinese calendar?
4)What is the capital of Tunisia?
5)What is the chemical symbol for silver?

I had the pasta and fresh fruit again for lunch and read until it was time for arts and crafts.  Today we made a fabric flower jewelry pouch.

Came back to change into my bathing suit and the maintenance crew was washing down the front of the ship above my deck, including washing my windows.  I decided to work on the blog instead of sitting in the sun.

Afternoon trivia gave us a very presentable 15 out of 17.  Winning team had 16.

1)What is Alaska’s most populous city but not its capital?
2)What is the name of the devilish cat in Cinderella?
3)In which city was the Bastille stormed in 1789?
4)Which common golden flower is fed to chickens to give them an appealing golden color?
5)Which exotic bloom is the flower of Singapore?

Went straight from trivia to the Lido Pool where I swam laps for 30 minutes before it was time to get ready for the evening.

My travel agency had a very nice cocktail party at 7 pm and I chatted with Ernie and Helene who I met at the agency’s pre-cruise dinner in Fort Lauderdale.

Dinner was good with cream of celery soup, Caesar Salad, Chicken Cordon Bleu, and cinnamon ice cream for dessert.  The show tonight was called “Variations” with the Singers and Dancers.  They were very good but after two glasses of wine at the cocktail party I had a hard time staying awake.

Port day tomorrow with a visit to Nuku Hiva.

Window washing

the paracord bracelet made yesterday

today's jewelry pouch


There were a number of officers at the cocktail party.



Morning trivia…

1)hummingbird
2)piccolo
3)12
4)Tunis
5)Ag

Evening trivia…

1)Anchorage
2)Lucifer
3)Paris
4)marigold
5)orchid


Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment