Sunday, January 14, 2018


At Sea – January 14, 2018

As a very strange beginning of the day, I woke up around 8:30 hungry (for those who don’t know me, I don’t eat breakfast).  As I was debating going back to sleep or getting some breakfast, there was a knock on my door.  It was a maintenance man saying they needed to re-caulk my tub.  There had been a leak in the Queens Lounge (which I am directly over) the other day and I wondered if they were re-caulking all the tubs in my area or it was just a coincidence.

Since there was no longer the option of going back to bed, I got dressed and headed to the Lido. On the way I passed the Lido pool where aqua aerobics was taking place (first day).   Sat with Marilyn and Rodney while I ate some bacon and a bagel and saw the first pod of dolphins for the day.  Throughout the day we saw a number of dolphins.

Only a few of us at Sit and Stitch but I finished my scarf and started on another.  It was then off to morning trivia.  We had 11 while the winners had all 15.
1)TAP is the national airline of what country?
2)Who wrote “East of Eden”?
3)In which movie did Pierce Brosnan debut as James Bond?
4)Which US city passed a law making it illegal to pawn your dentures?
5)Which playing card suit has a one-eyed king?

Back to my cabin to put on my bathing suit before heading to lunch.  I decided on the taco bar again today.

Met Cyndi for arts and crafts about 1:30 (an hour early).  Today we made beaded earrings.  Finished my earrings by 3:00 and headed out to the Sea View Pool.  Swam for 55 minutes and had about 20 minutes to sit in the sun before having to get dressed for afternoon trivia.

We did better with 13 correct and the winners had 14.
1)For what does the “ZIP” in Zip Code stand?
2)What is Chuck Berry’s real first name?
3)Which volcano destroyed Pompeii?
4)What is the birthstone for January?
And for those who wanted a really easy question – 5)What is the name of Holland America’s private island?

It was such a pretty afternoon, I decided to spend some time on my deck.  Found out that some of the hammering I have heard came from the railing being removed (don’t know why).  I met up with Helene and Ernie from the roll call.  We saw what looked like a dozens of small dolphins jumping all around the ship before the beautiful sunset.  I finally saw the “green flash”.

On the way to dinner I listened to some of Jamm’s music which was tonight the songs of Barbra Streisand.

Dinner was very good.  I had peaches, French onion soup, Chicken Tikka (which was delicious), and Heath Bar sundae for dessert.

Cyndi, Ed, and I went to the show which featured Robbie Howard who did impressions of many famous singers. He was good except I don’t think his Barry Manilow sounded like the real thing.

Another sea day tomorrow.

Working on the railing

missing railing

more railing to remove

Aqua Aerobics

the Pacific living up to its name

the earrings we made




four shots of the dolphins (?) we saw



the beautiful sunset


the sky after sunset

Robbie Howard with some audience participation



Morning trivia…
1)Portugal
2)Steinbeck
3)Golden Eye
4)Las Vegas
5)Diamonds

Afternoon trivia…
1)Zone Improvement Plan
2)Leon 
3)Vesuvius
4)garnet
5)Half Moon Cay

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment