Tuesday, January 30, 2018


At Sea – January 30, 2018

I stayed up late last night because I was finally able to resize my pictures and I had three days worth to do.  After being disappointed that Claudia was not able to diagnose my photo issues, I thought back to what Tom, one of my trivia partners, said about automatic updates which was to try turning them off.  So last night before I went to bed I did that.  After restarting my computer I was able to get to my pictures once again to resize!

There was no water aerobics so I slept until 9:30. Went to sit and stitch for an hour before trivia.  At morning trivia we had 10 and the winning team had 13.
1)Who wrote “The Downing Street Years”?
2)Which is the most visited Greek Island?
3)Who is the Godmother of the Amsterdam?
4)What was the original route of the Orient Express?
5)Who was the first solo female host of the Academy Awards?

After trivia I decided to get my three days of pictures up on the blog so I did not got to lunch until about 1:15. Sat with Cyndi for arts and crafts.  Today we made a tapa cloth island note card.

Sat by the Lido pool after arts and crafts.  I decided the water in the pool was sloshing too much to be able to swim.  I also found it very hard to be able to read without falling asleep.

For afternoon trivia we had 13 but two teams tied with a perfect 17.
1)In 1875, what was the first city to be illuminated by 80 electric lights?
2)Which country produces more silver than any other?
3)What is the fourth most populous country after China, India, and the US?
4)What crazy character wore a hat with the size on the outside?
5)What four countries border the Czech Republic?

We sat and talked for about an hour after trivia.  The seas, which for most of the day had not been too bad, started getting a little rockier and people were not walking straight lines.

Listened to Jamm (pop hits tonight) and then to dinner.  Cyndi and Ed went to the “Mystery Chef” dinner in the Pinnacle so there were only five of us.  I had a crabmeat salad, the macaroni and cheese, and a butterscotch sundae for dessert.

I have been having problems with my beverage card scanning properly so I stopped by the Front Office to have it fixed before returning to my cabin.  The show was two of the previous entertainers but I decided instead to finish my blog and get to bed early.
My delicious mac and cheese

my tapa cloth card




 More pictures from around the ship








Morning trivia…
1)Margaret Thatcher
2)Santorini
3)Janet Lanterman
4)Paris to Istanbul
5)Whoopi Goldberg

Afternoon trivia…
1)Paris
2)Mexico
3)Indonesia
4)the Mad Hatter
5)Germany, Poland, Austria, and Slovakia

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment