Friday, January 26, 2018


At Sea – January 25, 2018

After all those port days and not getting my required 8 hours of sleep each night, I decided to sleep until I was ready to get up.  I did not go to Sit and Stitch or the “Learn to Weave an Island Treasure” workshop.

I was up and out for 11:45 trivia which was likely the hardest one I have ever done with a team.  We had 6 correct (and that was with 6 team members!) but the two teams that tied only had 9 out of 15!  I have added extra questions so you can get a better idea how tough they were (and no, I did not leave the easy ones out – I just didn’t have the chance to write all the questions)!
1)What is the atomic number for silver?
2)Started in 1960, what is the most widely syndicated cartoon panel?
3)A bolt of canvas is typically how many yards long?
4)In what sport would you find a “buzzberry flop”?
5)In what country did chess originate?
6)How many Ringling Brothers founded the circus?
7)Which country is north of Austria and south of Poland?
8)Which Milton Bradley game soared in popularity when Johnny Carson and Eva Gabor played it on TV in 1966?
9)What paper has the record for the highest daily circulation in the US?
10)What is the name of Dennis the Menace’s dog?

After a salad and fruit for lunch I sat with Cyndi as we waited for arts and crafts.  Today we made tulip earrings.  I sat in the sun for about a half hour before returning to my cabin to work on the blog before 5 o’clock trivia.

Afternoon trivia was much easier than the morning one and we had 13 out of 17.  Three groups tied with 16.
1)What do the Olympic rings represent?
2)What was the currency in the Netherlands before the Euro?
3)A cloud of dust and gas in space is called what?
4)In banking, what does “ATM” stand for?
5)Who said, “The victor will never be asked if he told the truth”?

I then went swimming but was only in the pool for 30 minutes because there were too many people in the pool to swim laps.

Jamm played the “A-Z of Broadway Musicals” before dinner. I had a fruit salad, French onion soup, Cornish Game Hen (a little on the dry side), and pineapple sorbet for dessert.  Since it was Robert Burns day I was a bit disappointed that there was no haggis on the menu.  Yes, I actually like haggis!

The show tonight was called “The Knights”.  They are three singers that do the hits from British entertainers that have been knighted.  They were excellent.

Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Rarotonga but we have already been warned it might not happen.
We have a leak in the Lido!


the earrings we made
The Knights

Are theses mats standard on HAL now?


Morning trivia…
1)47
2)Family Circle
3)39
4)high jump
5)India
6)5
7)Czech Republic
8)Twister
9)Wall Street Journal
10)Ruff

Afternoon trivia…
1)the continents
2)Guilder
3)nebula
4)Automated Teller Machine
5)Hitler
Smooth sailing until next time!

3 comments:

  1. We've always had the bedside mats in a NS at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with those earrings you made! Just gorgeous! Also, I had those mats on my September 2017 Alaska cruise on the Amsterdam, too. (Neptune Suite) They were put down when the stewards did the nightly turn-down.

    I'm seriously contemplating doing the World Cruise in 2020, assuming my health holds up. It's the ultimate "bucket list" trip for me -- I travel solo and I can think of no better cruise to take alone. Just magical! You're doing a great job describing this, too. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments on the maps. I am in an oceanview cabin (which is what I usually get on HAL) and had never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete