Sunday, January 21, 2018


At Sea – January 20, 2018

Up at 8:15 and was in the pool by 8:40 where I spent an hour, including the half hour of water aerobics with Amanda.

Sit and Stitch had about 8 present.  Judy is making great progress on the stole she is making.  We have a few knitting socks.  I thought I had brought a huge amount of yarn but mine pales in comparison with what everyone else brought!

Poor Jeanette is feeling bad again so she was not at morning trivia.  Marge and Diana joined us and we ended up with 9 points.  The winners had 12 out of 15.
1)In what country did cheddar cheese originate?
2)Which city and its surrounding area are the basis for the standard US monopoly game?
3)Who played the monster in the 1931 movie of Frankenstein?
4)The Smurfs are based on a popular cartoon from which country?
5)Which of Columbus’ ships did not make it home?

I have found that right after trivia is over (about 12:15) is the busiest time in the Lido so I have started waiting about another half hour before having lunch.  Today I decided to play the penny slot machines.  If you know me you know I am not a high stakes gambler.  Today I put in $20 and quit when I made it to $21.55.

I had fruit and an egg salad for lunch as I read my book.  Joined Cyndi for arts and crafts where we made a lavender pyramid sachet.

Decided to see what I could learn about Windows 10 from Claudia (the techspert) at 3:30.  Although I have been using Windows 10 for over two years I did learn a few things I did not know.

Only four of us (Rodney, Tom, Bonnie, and I) for afternoon trivia.  Out of 20 points, we had 12 and the winning team had 17.
1)Who sang the 1985 hit, “Saving All My Love For You”?
2)What is the first James Bond movie starring Roger Moore?
3)Granadilla is another name for which fruit?
4)Einstein did not wear which items of clothing to save more time for more serious pursuits?
5)Name the two families in Romeo and Juliet.

Decided to work on my blog before dinner since I was planning on going to the show after dinner and tomorrow is a port day.

Listened to Jamm for a short while before the dinner chimes sounded.  Tonight was “Tropical Paradise Dinner” complete with palm trees and woven hats (I gave mine away).  I had French Onion Soup, blackened chicken Caesar salad, and a tropical ice cream Sunday.

The entertainment was another show by impressionist Robbie Howard.

Tomorrow is Avatoru, Rangiroa.

Palm tree decorations

Pyramid sachet filled with lavender


With the issues I had with my blog I have not had many pictures from around the ship as I had planned.  I am going to resume today by talking about the main feature of the three-story atrium, the astrolabe.  The astrolabe was built by artists Gilbert Lebigre and his wife Corinne Roger.  Much of it is built out of recycled materials and it is nine meters tall.  The astrolabe has four sides entitled Celestial Mechanics, World Time, Planetarium, and Amsterdam Astrolabium.  On the ceiling above are the signs of the zodiac.  At the base is a carillon.








Morning trivia…
1)England
2)Atlantic City
3)Boris Karloff
4)Belgium
5)Santa Maria

Afternoon trivia…
1)Whitney Houston
2)Live and Let Die
3)passionfruit
4)socks
5)Montagu and Capulet

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment