Thursday, January 11, 2018


At Sea – January 11, 2018

Promptly at 8:30 this morning there was hammering outside of my window on “my deck”.  I peeked out the window put could not tell exactly what the two men were doing.  No way I could get back to sleep with this so I got up to go to the Tahitian seashell lei making class.
We have onboard a group of Pacific Islanders that will have craft classes, ukulele and dance lessons, as well as cultural presentations on the area.  
I was one of the last to arrive and there was quite a crowd.  They had little circles of shells that had been put together by hand.  We strung them on black ribbon to make the lei.
When I finished I headed to the Crow’s Nest for out stitching group which had about ten present.   Left at 11 to catch part of the lecture “Hollywood and the Stars” which was about how the movies have portrayed man in space. 
Trivia was at 11:45 so I had to leave the lecture early.  One of our team members has the flu and is confined to her cabin.  We only had four on the team and had a total of 10 while the winners had 12.  Afternoon trivia was cancelled because someone else booked the venue.
1)What is the collective noun for nightingales?
2)What dice game was created by a wealthy couple while on their yacht in the 1950s?
3)Which river runs through Baghdad?
4)Where was the energy drink, Red Bull, founded?
5)Hemoglobin is used in which kind of blood cells?
Time for lunch in the Lido.  Met up with trivia partners Marilyn and Rodney and had lunch with them.
Another huge group for arts and crafts where we made a fabric travel purse.
Changed to swim but only swam for about twenty minutes when it got really overcast and windy (and a bit chilly) and I gave up.
As has become my habit, I stopped to listen to the piano player, Jamm, on the way to dinner.  Tonight’s songs dealt with the 50s.
Another great meal.  I had the French onion soup, Beef Wellington, and a caramel sundae for dessert.
Tonight’s entertainer was Martin Beaumont, a comedian.  He was fairly good.
Another sea day tomorrow.
one of the Polynesian group

part of the class

the shell necklace

the purse open (above) and closed (below)



Trivia…
1)choir
2)Yahtzee
3)Tigris
4)Austria
5)red blood cells

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment