Saturday, January 13, 2018


At Sea – January 13, 2018

Arrived at Sit and Stitch about 15 minutes early.  I was hoping to finish my scarf but used up the yarn I had with me so will have to finish it tomorrow. 

Morning trivia was real hard today (at least for our team).  We only had 5 right out of 15.  The winning team had 12.

1)What decade saw the launch of the Play Station?
2)What city is known as the “Venice of the East”?
3)What is the middle fruit in the Fruit of the Loom logo?
4)Which cartoon debuted in the Yale Daily News in 1968?
5)Who wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

I hadn’t yet tried the Dive-In (the burger-hot dog place).  I ate at it on Westerdam and was not really impressed but our dinner waiters work there during the day so I had to try it.  Actually, it was very tasty so I will be eating there again.

Arts and Crafts was packed again.  We made a fish or ladybug sunglass pouch.  I think my ladybug looks more like a mouse with a misshapen body but it is still cute.

I had switched into my swimsuit before lunch so as soon as arts and crafts finished I went out to the Sea View Pool.  Whatever they did to it yesterday it was full again and open for use.  I stayed in for 45 minutes and had it to myself for most of the time.

We improved greatly in afternoon trivia with 15 out of 20 with the winners having 18.

1)At what temperature Fahrenheit does water boil?
2)Which Beatle is the youngest?
3)How long is the bike riding portion of a triathalon?
4)In which country was Mother Teresa born?
5)Name the 5 African countries that border the Mediterranean.

Changed for dinner and then went to hear Jamm who was playing the hits of Andrew Lloyd Webber. 

Dinner was good.  I had fruit, a crab roll, the “always on the menu” steak, and Rum Baba with a scoop of pineapple sorbet for desert.

Once again I skipped the show (a violinist) and walked around taking more pictures of the interior of the ship.  I will be posting a few each day.
Two birds following along with us hundreds of miles from land

Ladybug or mouse?

Funship I by Wout Muller 1999

A Phantasy Interior by Peter Gabrieles 2000

Funship II by Wout Muller 1999

Figure of a Girl Reading by Marchelli late 19th century


Morning trivia…

1)1990s
2)Bangkok
3)apple
4)Doonesbury
5)Ian Fleming

Afternoon trivia…

1)212 degrees
2)George Harrison
3)112 miles
4)Albania
5)Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, and Algeria


Smooth sailing until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathi, Sheri just led me to your blog. Thanks for taking us along and sharing your photos. Your trivia questions take me back to the South Pacific on the Westerdam. I think that will remain one of the best cruises ever. And I hope you make it to Rarotonga this time. We spent nearly 2 weeks there and it's a fun place. Have a great time on your cruise-stay healthy and safe. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Susie! So far we are having smooth seas and although some cloudiness, there has been no more than a dribble of rain. Trivia on Westerdam was the best!😁

    ReplyDelete