Wednesday, January 31, 2018


At Sea – January 31, 2018

Although there was a water aerobics class this morning at 9, I wanted to see “Coffee with Hamish”.  The guests this morning were the members of “The Knights” who told about their background in music and how they started The Knights.

Stopped in the Lido and had a donut (first one I had on board and they are pretty good) and a glass of orange juice before heading to Sit and Stitch.  We only had a handful present this morning.

Morning trivia saw us coming in second place with 11 correct and the winning team had 12.
1)What are the only nuts mentioned in the Bible?
2)What country is the largest exporter of rice?
3)What sport did Althea Gibson take up when her tennis career ended?
4)Which European capital is known as the Venice of the North?
5)Which sea gives Iran its northern border?

Worked on the blog for awhile before heading to lunch.  I ate at the Taco Bar and sat by the pool.  The cover was still on but the sky was clearing up. 

We made a mother-of-pearl necklace which required more jewelry making skills than any of our other projects. 

Sat by the pool and had my afternoon ice cream while reading.  The water was still sloshing around too much for me to swim.  Hopefully, tomorrow I can finally get back in the pool because the seas are supposed to calm down tonight.

We had 13 out of 17 for afternoon trivia.  Three teams tied with 15.
1)”The Great Gatsby” was written by which author?
2)Dolphins are believed to not possess which of the five senses?
3)Lake Tahoe straddles the border of which two states?
4)How many Super Bowl rings did Troy Aikman win?
5)What is the last book of the Old Testament in the Christian Bible?

This was another Gala Night with the theme “Bowlers and Bumper Shoots” although I think they really meant “Bumbershoots”.  I always thought bumbershoot was a British term but when I looked it up today I found it is actually an old Americanism.  Who knew???

I listened to part of Jamm’s program (it was hits of Judy Garland) and then on to dinner.  The dining room was festively decorated with umbrellas, gold and silver hats and chair covers.  I had the crabmeat cocktail, surf and turf, and a crumble for dessert.

Went to the show which was the singers and dancers performing.  When I returned to my cabin there was another “Grand Gift”.  This one was actually very useful – a universal adapter.  Funny thing was, I heard someone in the shop today asking if they had them for sale.

Before I go to bed tonight I am going to go out on my deck and see if I can see any of the eclipse/blue moon.

Another sea day tomorrow – our last before getting to Auckland.
decorated with London umbrellas and bowler hats


the Gala Night Menu

my dinner

the Grand Gift came in a nice little case and has two USB ports


today's necklace


Morning trivia…
1)almonds and pistachios
2)China
3)golf
4)Stockholm
5)Caspian Sea

Afternoon trivia…
1)F. Scott Fitzgerald
2)smell
3)California and Nevada
4)3
5)Malachi

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment