Saturday, December 30, 2017

Odds and Ends

Just a few things as the last few days slip by.

1) I received another upsell offer from Holland America.  My first one was to go to a balcony (Vista Suite as they are called on Amsterdam) from my ocean view cabin for $12,000.  Evidently the computer (which likely generates these offers) didn't understand that if I turned down this offer, I was not going to accept one at a higher price.  My second offer was for $14,698!  No surprise that it too, was turned down.

2) The people on my Cruise Critic roll call are a talkative bunch and at least ten of us are writing blogs.  There will also be a "Live" thread on Cruise Critic. 

I am hoping that some of those who do not want the commitment of time and money to write their own blogs will contribute to this "Live" thread.  It is also a great way to read about different experiences all in the same location.  Anyone can read this thread on Cruise Critic ( https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2578061 ) but if you want to respond, you must join.

Before we set sail on Thursday (!!!), I will add the addresses of the other blogs for anyone who wants to keep up.  Look at the "Blogs I follow" at the bottom of the page.  I also have blogs on the list for the 2018 Crystal and Princess World Voyages.

3)  For those of you who might be new to blogs, scroll down to the bottom of the page.  There you can sign up to get an e-mail every time I post something new.  Keep in mind there can be hours or even days when the Wi-Fi is very poor or even non-existent and I might not get to post every day.  Eventually they will show up.

4) Due to the vagaries of Wi-Fi at sea, I have not been very good at responding to comments left on the blog in the past.  My goal is to try to do better this time around.  Please don't feel slighted if I don't always succeed!

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment