Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Luggage Pick-up


As mentioned before, one of the perks that Holland America offers to full World Cruisers in certain categories of cabins and who book at least six months early is luggage pick-up.  If you are in a suite you may send as many cases as you wish but for my cabin the limit is two.  There is no maximum weight.  There are restrictions as to what you can ship.  No valuables, alcohol, tobacco products, weapons, electronics, hazardous materials (which includes aerosol cans), combustible materials, recreational equipment, or medical equipment is allowed.  

My pick-up date (and from talking on my roll call, everyone on the cruise's) was December 18 between noon and 4 pm.  I was sent an envelope from Fed-Ex at the end of October with special labels in it to be attached to my luggage and further instructions.

The FedEx driver arrived on the 18th at about 12:15 (again almost everyone on the roll call had about the same pick-up time) and he had both bags in the truck and was on his way by 12:20.

Using the tracking information I found that both bags had arrived at the sorting facility in Fort Lauderdale by Tuesday afternoon and delivered to the warehouse (to be stored until the ship arrives on January 4) by 2:19 pm on Wednesday the 20th.

Holland America also pays to send the two cases back at the end of the cruise.  It is certainly going to be nice not to have to schlep three big cases and a carry-on through the airport like I had to do on my first world cruise.  I may get so used to this that I will pay to have the cases sent if I don't get it included in my booking!

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment