Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Upsell Offer

Yesterday I was offered an upsell.  For those unfamiliar with the term, it means that the cruise line is offering me a cabin in a higher category for an extra amount of money.  (An upgrade is when the cruise line gives you a higher category cabin for no extra money - this happened to me on my "Winter Crossing" cruise in 2015.)

My travel agent called and said HAL was offering me a verandah cabin (instead of my oceanview) for $12,000.  That was actually a bargain because if I had originally booked a verandah it would have been $40,000 more than what I paid.  Unfortunately, I don't have $12,000 sitting around, so I declined the offer.  $12,000 is almost half of the amount of the next "Grand Voyage" cruise I want to do in 2019 so I will remain happy with my original oceanview cabin.

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment